Albania, Montenegro, Italy, Multimodal Transport Connectivity
The overall objective of “ALMONIT-MTC - Albania, Montenegro, Italy Multimodal Transport Connectivity” is to increase cross-border accessibility, promote sustainable transport services and facilities and improve public infrastructures. In particular, four multimodal maritime transport connections will operate between Italy, Albania and Montenegro, while a new pilot multimodal transport on Lake Shkodra will connect Albania with Montenegro. For Albania, this is the first intervention in international inland water transport. The direct beneficiaries are citizens and local public authorities, that will benefit from intensified socio-economic interaction, as well as increased skills and capacities in asset management.
|Total budget||7.000.000,00 EUR|
|EU Contribution||IPA co-financing 85%|
|Duration||2019 / 2023|
- 1 new pilot multimodal transport connection between Albania and Montenegro in the Shkodra Lake
- 4 multimodal maritime transport connections between Italy, Albania and Montenegro (Ports of Bari, Termoli, Shengjin and Bar).
- Regione Puglia – Dip. Mobilità, Qualità Urbana, Opere Pubbliche, Ecologia e Paesaggio (IT)
- Ministarstvo Saobraćaja i Pomorstva Crne Gore (ME)
- Regione Molise, 1° Dip. Presidenza Giunta Regionale (IT)
- Opština Bar (ME)
- Bashkia Shkoder (AL)